Privacy Notice for Connect Summit Conference
Published On: May 17, 2022
Valley Agricultural Software, Inc. (“VAS”) is hosting its annual Connect Summit conference to update, educate and provoke discussion within the dairy industry on topics like farming innovation, data solutions, and strategy insights (the “Conference”). This privacy notice provides you with information about how VAS uses your personal data when you register for and attend the Conference.
How does this privacy notice relate to other privacy notices?
This privacy notice explains how we use your personal data in relation to your interest in, or attendance at, the Conference run by VAS. It supplements our Privacy Notice on our website, available here.
What personal data will be processed?
If you register for the Conference with VAS through the Connect Summit website, the information you provide us will include:
– your full name, postal/shipping address, and email address;
– your job connection to the dairy industry; and
– payment information.
VAS may photograph and film the Conference which will be used to market our services and to promote future events. VAS will therefore process your image. Photographs and/or audio-visual footage may be taken and/or live-streamed during the Conference. Photos and videos can be published on VAS websites and social media pages as well as on a co-organizer’s or sponsor’s online platforms. Photos and videos may also be recorded and can be reproduced in various media including VAS publications, social networks and press, in connection with the Conference, as well as for promotional activities of VAS. By attending the VAS Conference, you agree you may appear in published photos and/or videos as stated above.
Records of communications sent to you by VAS or that we receive from you in relation to the Conference will also be processed.
What is the purpose of processing?
VAS will process your personal data for the following purposes:
– To reserve a place for you at the Conference for which you requested to attend, along with any accommodations such as lodging;
– To provide you with information about the Conference for which you have registered, such as event updates, and possible changes, cancellation or similar information;
– For general administration and organization of our Conference, for example to contact you with details for planning and logistics, to provide you customer service in relation to the Conference, and general administration of your attendance at the Conference;
– To fulfil and monitor our legal responsibilities, for example, under public safety legislation;
– To communicate with you about other events, news, and services we provide (for example online webinars);
– To ask you for your feedback or review after the Conference;
– To assess the activity of our attendees at the Conference;
– To film and photograph the Conference which will be used to market our services and to promote future events on our website, social media channels and in marketing materials;
– To improve our services, marketing, customer relationships and experiences; and
– To plan better future events and attendee experience.
What is the legal basis of the processing?
We will only use your personal data when the law allows us to. Most commonly, we will use your personal data in the following circumstances:
– To perform the contract we are about to enter into or have entered into with you.
– For our legitimate interests (for example, in order to manage and develop our business, study how customers use our products/services, to develop them, grow our business, and inform our marketing strategy).
– Where we need to comply with a legal obligation.
Generally, we do not rely on consent as a legal basis for processing your personal data, although we will get your consent before sending third party direct marketing communications to you via email or text message. You have the right to withdraw consent to marketing at any time by contacting us.
Who will your personal data be shared with?
We are committed to maintaining your trust, and we want you to understand when and with whom we may share the information we collect.
1. Within VAS, your personal data is shared only with those departments and staff who need access for the processing purposes set out above.
2. With third-parties, some of your personal data may be shared with:
– co-organizers or sponsors of the Conference as reasonably necessary for its management and organization; and
– third-party service providers and vendors assisting VAS with the Conference, subject to contractually agreed conditions of confidentiality and security.
How long is your personal data kept?
We keep personal data for as long as necessary for the purposes described in this privacy notice. We may retain your personal data for a longer period in the event of a complaint or if we reasonably believe there is a prospect of litigation in respect to our relationship with you.
If you consent to stay in touch with us, or subscribe to our newsletter, essential information to communicate with you will be kept until you withdraw your consent or unsubscribe to specific communication.
Questions, comments and requests regarding this privacy notice and your personal data rights are welcomed and should be addressed to [email protected].